-
September 18th, 2001, 04:58 PM
#11
Inactive Member
the truth about all this disagreeing and finger pointing comes out of fear..fear of not wanting any of our loved ones to die..fear of having any kind of a war on our soil,whether that be here in my country the U.S.A. or Europe or wherever home may be for you....
but do ppl actually think that if we sit idle it will all just blow over... terrorism effects everybody...and happens way too much,
i dont believe any of our leaders are jumping the gun..besides is there a right way to fight..nothing is right about war,its only nessesary sometimes...can we ever rid ourselves of this kind of crime..i dont have the answer to that,i dont want to go to war and i have family in military,but it is our duty for humanity to make these ppl think twice about it,i think if ppl actually lost a loved one or relative..not just hearing about it and feeling sad for someone else...might just be a totally different story....
how bout this...try and pretend that right now,right this minute,this same thing happened again..by the same ppl in the same country or elsewhwere..just take a minute and think....................(BOOM!)your mother was doing some shopping down in townsquare...
she never knew what hit her....what are you gonna do now???
------------------
A life of reaction is a life of slavery,intellectually and spiritually.
One must fight for a life of action,not reaction.
-
September 19th, 2001, 12:52 AM
#12
HB Forum Owner
I have to say...i have had red white and blue on my front porch since Christmas. And there are so many different ways to show your support for your country. Where i work, we had American flags on display that had not been sold for over a year. Within two days, we were sold out. Today i had a lady call and ask "Why the hell dont you have flags?" I wanted so bad to respond to her,"Why the hell werent you here a year ago?" So i agree with almost everything said here. There is one comment posted here that i really question....but i will have to think that one over before i comment.
------------------
I am who I am and if you dont like the way I am....tough shit.
-
September 20th, 2001, 04:46 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Juliet? Huh? I think you read what I was trying to get across way wrong *L... I wasn't criticizing people for not having an American flag up..... gosh, just, nevermind *L
------------------
Who wants to play "Hide the Switch"?
-
September 20th, 2001, 05:35 PM
#14
Inactive Member
*L* it wasn't really you Hank. it was not aimed directly at you. sorry if it came across that way. I just put the post on this thread.. was comments Ive heard from other people.. and not just here..that was the reasoning behind it. I didn't make myself very clear, main reason why I normally wait so long before I ever post *L* I was upset over several things at the time.. we all show our patriotism in many ways... yes flying a flag is one of them...I agree that it would be nice to of had one flying before.. but I think its great that people are doing it now too. But I do not consider myself or anyone else a late patriot because they didn't have a flag..
What Im finding sad is reports of people stealing others flags...
------------------
Embrace Life ~ Live~Laugh~Love
-
September 21st, 2001, 06:29 PM
#15
-
September 21st, 2001, 09:52 PM
#16
PNSONR
Guest
-
September 22nd, 2001, 03:33 PM
#17
Inactive Member
know what's been pissing me off lately with this new wave of patriotism surrounding last week's attack???
the MADISON AVEN-ization of the whole freaking ordeal, instigated by how the media's been covering it, slapping some stupid catch-phrase label on it like they do everything else, adding dramatic music to the never-ending repetitive images to drive home the impact, like some goddamn MTV video..(as if it weren't dramatic and affecting enough on its own?).......and now we're seeing t-shirts????? fucking BANDANNAS???? that all have a picture of the WTC/NYC and the sickening words:
"I survived the Attack on America"
my hands can barely type cuz they just wanna turn to fists at just those very words......exploiting this extremely tragic event for monetary gain, or even if it were free, just the commercialization and trivialization of it, to me is fucked up, not to mention just plain SICK!!!.....as if it should say: "someone died in the attack on the WTC and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"!!!......WTF is wrong with people goddammit????!!!!
a couple of people in my life have actually PURCHASED this loada CRAP! i said nothing, i bit my tongue almost off, but inside i was seething.....of all the disrespect, this has got to be the ultimate
anyone else think this is fucked up beyond belief??
-
September 22nd, 2001, 04:06 PM
#18
Inactive Member
grrrr...leo..thats gross..i can picture the sidewalk vendors with their little table set up selling that crap in the city..and the news..it is getting vulgar...thats the major networks for you..its propaganda for our citezens here..just to make sure the wounds are deep enough and so the president can get our backing...i back the president already..
i can do without the dramatic music in the backround..i expect that from daytime talkshows.....this should go on the bitch thread.. 
------------------
A life of reaction is a life of slavery,intellectually and spiritually.
One must fight for a life of action,not reaction.
-
September 23rd, 2001, 02:48 AM
#19
HB Forum Owner
Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.
------------------
Hold fast to whats important and never let it go!
-
September 24th, 2001, 04:09 AM
#20
Inactive Member
And Mel... that's exactly what I'm talkin' about... feelin' like a nerd for displaying a flag for "No reason"
Ya shouldn't feel like a nerd ever for wavin' your flag. You've got something to be proud of and you've always got a reason. You don't need an excuse to whip it out *L You're an American. Wave that flag any time ya want to!
I don't want national tragedies to be the only time we haul out our flags and our support...
I mean, hell...
<font color=red>[b]It would be a damn shame if we only brought out our flags to post them at half mast. </font>
I dunno about you, but I'm sick of seeing our nation's colors in mourning. I'd like to see it flown in all it's glory, and remain that way, like it belongs... at the top.
------------------
Who wants to play "Hide the Switch"?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks